|Best fish tacos ever. Weight Watchers Points Plus value: 6 points for 2 tacos|
Here's the ultra simple recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/4 of a ripe Avocado (2 pts)
- Salsa to taste (I used medium for a little spice, but this is totally up to you) (0 pts)
- Diced onion (0 pts)
- 4 Tilapia Fillets (I like Tilapia because it's super light and fresh. It's also very points plus friendly 2 pts for 4 oz.). I suggest using 2 oz. per taco.
- 2 Corn tortillas (small, soft taco size) (1 point each)
- Blackening seasoning (store bought) (0 pts)
- Fresh cilantro (0 pts)
- 5 sprays of olive oil cooking spray (Pam makes a nice one) (0 pts)
- 1 lime (0 pts)
Wash and dry Tilapia. Sprinkle blackening seasoning on both sides of each filet. Add 5 sprays of the Olive oil cooking spray to a pan and heat on medium temperature.
Place Tilapia in pan and cook for about 3-4 min per side (or to desired degree of doneness). Remove from pan and let cool. When cool, cut fish into smaller pieces. It will flake and break apart as you work with it.
Dice onion in small pieces. Wash and chop cilantro. Slice avocado into quarters. Cut lime into 4 wedges.
Heat corn tortillas in microwave (approx. 5-15 sec).
Take each tortilla and top with 2 oz. of Tilapia. Add generous amounts of onion, salsa, and cilantro. Top tacos with avocado and the juice from the lime wedge. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Easy, light and delicious. I gave this 6 points plus for 2 tacos. Not bad.
Try this and let me know what you think!