Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Weddings are the best motivaton for weight loss

On Monday, I received a "save the date" for a wedding taking place in March, 2013. I'm really excited for the couple, and I must admit that I've been looking forward to this event for quite a long time =)

Soooo, even though I'm a chicken when it comes to goal setting, I'm considering setting a weight loss goal between now and the joyous occasion. The goal will be to lose 40 lbs by the wedding (end of March). Even though I'm not in the wedding, I think the event will be a good way for me to get re-motivated, and give myself something to look forward to.

After doing the math, I will have to lose roughly 10 lbs a month. Definitely a challenge, but I think I can get pretty close if I put forth my best effort.

Has anyone ever set a weight loss goal that was centered around an event? Was it a good form of motivation? Did you keep the weight off?

2 comments:

  1. its beneficial to have an even to center weight loss on. right now my goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of March because i'm going to Europe. then i want to lose another 20 by june in preparation for my class reunion. good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni. You're right, goals can definitely help us along the journey =) Good luck with your goals as well...please keep me updated on how things are going.

      Delete