Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Vacations are the best stress relievers...ever!

Sigh, well it looks like my Thanksgiving vacation is drawing to a close. I had such a nice and relaxing time with my family that...I really don't want to go back to my normal life, lol. But alas, all good things must come to an end.

Looking back on this week, I learned the importance of taking time out to rest. These days, we all have so much going on that I think we have a tendency to overlook taking care of ourselves. Well, at least I know I'm guilty of this. Lately it seems like I've been there for everyone except myself. Work is important. School is important. Listening to others is important. But at the end of the day, I don't leave enough gas in the tank to take care of my own needs...and quite frankly, I think it began to show.

Before my vacation, I felt overwhelmed (and frankly, a bit unmotivated) by things at work, school and in my life. I definitely felt burned-out emotionally, which had an effect on my attitude and my ability to stay positive. Today, post vacation, I feel refreshed and revitalized. Even though things are the same at work, school and in my life, I now have more energy to face things head on (and with a good attitude).

To all my blogging buddies, if you've been a little overwhelmed lately, I encourage you to take some time off (if possible). Do what you want to do, spend time with people you enjoy, and take time to make yourself happy. I guarantee that it'll pay off in the end. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment