Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I can't believe I didn't eat like a pig today!


Earlier this week, I set a few eating goals for Thanksgiving:

1) include a green salad with my meal (to help cut my appetite)

2) to eat the foods I really love (Mac & cheese, yams, carrot cake) until I'm full (being STUFFED is not allowed)

3) measure out small portions of those foods I can have anytime of the year (mashed potatoes, bread, ice cream, etc)

I'm happy to report that I'm really proud of my eating today. The only goal I didn't meet was to eat a green salad with my meal (I made it, but decided to eat greens instead). But, I ate what I wanted until I was satisfied, and not FULL. I also ate really small portions of the things that I didn't really want as bad as the turkey, mac and cheese, etc. I think this is the first time I didn't get overstuffed. It's also the first time I didn't have a second and third plate. I'm really happy with myself.

Now, I did overdo it on cake today, but even with that I stopped eating when I was satisfied. Not sure how this will show up on the scale next week, but it felt good to prove to myself that it's possible to eat reasonably during the holidays. Hurrah!

Wishing everyone out there a happy and blessed Thanksgiving! I hope your day was filled with food, fun, friends, and family.


2 comments: