Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Did I really lose weight during Thanksgiving?

Today I had my Weight Watchers weigh in and I lost .8 lbs. Hallelujah!

Generally, I wouldn't be excited about losing anything under a pound, but my goodness, this was a loss during Thanksgiving. Out of all my years of dieting, I don't think I've ever managed to lose anything around the holidays. I'm speechless.

What makes this loss so exciting is the fact that I made a plan, stuck to it and saw the fruits of my labor. I made "loose" goals for myself that allowed me to enjoy my favorite foods, but NOT stuff myself on anything. I made certain tradeoffs last week that were key to my success. If I decided to have cake one day, then I wouldn't have mac and cheese. If I decided to eat rolls, then I'd pass on the mashed potatoes. At the time it felt difficult, but in retrospect I was satisfied at every meal, and never felt deprived.

Last week, I began to understand the importance of making smart choices. I allowed myself to feel satisfied, but not stuffed. I allowed myself to eat and enjoy what I wanted without beating myself up for it. These things seem small, but together they had a tremendous pay off...and for that, I'm truly Thankful =)

No comments:

Post a Comment